In our world today Nigeria inclusive, Real estate has advanced from the normal flyer and magazine adverts to the internet and social media because it is cost effective and has the potential of reaching a greater number of prospective client who are already searching for you online
In Nigeria Unfortunately, most real estate firms have not realized the benefit of online marketing
The benefits are as follows:
1) It is cheaper using the internet and its resources as a means of marketing your products and services.
2) Your products and services are exposed to the whole world
3) It is easier and with the advancement in the internet technology, transactions can be closed quicker due to the ease in the transfer of information.
4) It reduces the unnecessary travel time, such that meetings can be held in separate offices and even different countries with the use of video calling applications.
5) With the use of Google maps and GPS (Global Positioning System), satellite images as well as coordinates can be retrieved for verification purposes.
6) Also Google maps aid in the location and direction of particular places not known to a Real Estate Practitioner, thereby saving time and resources.
7) The use of the internet reduces the cost of communication especially when the parties involved are in different states or countries.
8) You can transfer transaction files, forms and documents via the internet to ease and fasten the process of real estate transactions.
9) Networking is a very important aspect of succeeding in the Real Estate industry and the internet makes it very easy and aids people in connecting with each other through social media platforms.
10) You can find relevant, educative and innovative Real Estate information and resources at ease via the internet to remain up to date and even ahead of your contemporaries.
Now you have known the benefits of online Real Estate Marketing, but how do we use it effectively?
To answer this question, we need to try to put ourselves in the shoes of property seekers, in order to know what they expect when surfing the internet for property.
- They want comprehensive and credible information such as property details and price.
- They want you to be able to prove you have a level of Power of Attorney on the property and that you have a good relationship with the property owner.
- They want a have an idea of the visual appearance (pictures) of the property.
- They want to know the features and accommodation details of the property.
- They want to have an idea of the environment, in terms of safety, nearness to schools, hangouts, hospitals etc.
- For properties which are for sale, they want to possibly see title documents.
- They want to be assured that you will represent them appropriately to the property owner.
- They want to confirm your office address so that they can easily get in touch with you, when the need be, before and after conclusion of the transaction.
If you can fulfill the above, you will gain their trust and even though they may not need your services when they come across your property or your property does not meet their requirements, you should be rest assured that they will want to contact you when they need such services or refer you to someone who needs it. Also, they can go to the extent of asking you for a property not in your portfolio because they are confident of your services.
.In conclusion, online real estate marketing is very important to your practice such that it is cost effective and can generate leads when used effectively. If you use the principle stated above on what property seekers expect to see when surfing the internet, as well as, effectively using online platforms, you will definitely succeed in your practice.
Primewest Properties Limited use all means to satisfy our customers